- Delay of Recap: OU Shellacks Kansas State, 51-14 - Better late than never I guess. Either way, here are my thoughts on Saturday’s beatdown over Kansas State. Well, so much for that “grind it out like Army” plan of Kansas State’s. The Oklahoma offense was dominant, the defense made crucial stops and the Wildcats looked entirely powerless to do anything. I don’t have much … Continue reading "Delay of Recap: OU Shellacks Kansas State, 51-14"
- Weekend Spread: Week 9 - Bobby: 1-7 (29-34) Jamison: 4-4 (28-35) Blake: 5-3 (31-32) After claiming the top spot last week, Bobby took a sharp fall with an absymal 1-7 weekend. Jamison and Blake climbed back up the latter with good weeks, however Kansas and Tennessee failing to cover burnt the group as a whole. The Big 12 returns this … Continue reading "Weekend Spread: Week 9"
- The Schooner Pod: Kansas State and Week 9 - In this week’s pod, the guys talk about OU’s improved defense against TCU, Kennedy Brooks’ big Saturday, preview Kansas State, take a look at the state of the Playoff picture and make their predictions for week nine in college football. If you haven’t already, please subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts and rate us five … Continue reading "The Schooner Pod: Kansas State and Week 9"
- Game Week: Kansas State - It’s Homecoming Weekend in Norman and that term feels even more fitting than usual; the Sooners haven’t played on Owen Field in nearly a month. We are now in the full swing of the back half of the season, with only three home games remaining. The opponent this week is a pretty hapless Kansas State … Continue reading "Game Week: Kansas State"
- Manhattan - There are some places that you know exactly what you are going to get. You expect greatness out of Columbus, Ohio, you expect dust and not much else in Lubbock, Texas, and so on. With that being said, there are a few times you find a place that completely shocks you, like I did this … Continue reading "Manhattan"
- Quick Reaction: Kansas State - Jesus, we really did this again? Seriously, if you want to know what happened tonight, just reread any of the past three Quick Reactions in reverse. Instead of starting fast and falling about late, the Sooners just came out really flat. So many of the issues plaguing Oklahoma reared their head early. The offense couldn’t … Continue reading "Quick Reaction: Kansas State"
- Bar Reviews: Jax Bar at Blackbird - Formerly a cajun/soul food restaurant and bar, Jax isn’t as much its own bar as it is apart of a larger bar. Last December, it was absorbed into the larger Blackbird Gastropub complex, which like Jax is apart of the GL Dining Portfolio (This also includes Blu, Brewhouse and The Library; we’ll get to those … Continue reading "Bar Reviews: Jax Bar at Blackbird"
- Around the Big 12: Week 8 - Last Week: 4-1 Overall: 26-9 Oh hey y’all. So about last week…I switched out my Texas prediction. Here’s the Twitter proof. Just saw a highlight of Sam Bradford getting hurt against UT in 09 and yeah I can’t pick those assholes. New prediction is 45-35 OU — The Schooner Blog (@SchoonerBlog) October 12, 2017 Anyways, … Continue reading "Around the Big 12: Week 8"
- Game Week: Kansas State - Alright, has everyone sobered up and caught their breath from this weekend? Cool. Back to the season. After a wild, wild week in college football that showed shades of 2007, the Sooners are right back in this thing. The goal now is to win each week and avoid trap games. Of course, here comes the … Continue reading "Game Week: Kansas State"