- Roundball Recap: Kansas - Most rational fans assumed Oklahoma would probably not come out on top against Kansas in Lawrence. While the Sooners didn’t beat the Jayhawks, the overall play of the Oklahoma offense had to leave you with optimism. The Sooners were flawed, yes. However, through all the turnovers, missed free throws, ill-advised shots and Kansas runs, you … Continue reading "Roundball Recap: Kansas"
- Three Pointer: Kansas - Sad about our college football season ending? Me too. But thankfully we have a good basketball team to numb the pain. The Sooners are 11-1, ranked 23rd in the AP and are incredibly fun to watch. This is a team that is red hot entertaining conference play. Unfortunately, if you are looking for comfort following … Continue reading "Three Pointer: Kansas"
- The Oklahoma Defense Hits Rock Bottom as Sooners beat Kansas 55-40 - KANSAS SCORED FORTY POINTS ON THIS DEFENSE. FORTY!!!!!! I’m honestly so tired of watching this defense squander all time offenses. It’s absurd. Mike Stoops wasn’t a great defensive coordinator by any means, but it’s evident that the issues at defense run much deeper than coaching. This is a non aggressive, poorly tackling and frankly pathetic … Continue reading "The Oklahoma Defense Hits Rock Bottom as Sooners beat Kansas 55-40"
- Weekend Spread: Week 12 - Bobby: 5-3 (46-41) Jamison: 5-3 (42-45) Blake: 5-3 (46-41) Last Week #12 Syracuse v. #3 Notre Dame (ND -9.5) Bobby: I cannot express how badly I want Syracuse to beat Notre Dame. One out of Clemson, Notre Dame or Michigan need to lose for OU to have a window of getting into the College Football … Continue reading "Weekend Spread: Week 12"
- The Schooner Pod: Week 12 - After last week’s defensive debacle against Oklahoma State, Bobby and Jamison look at how to fix the unit, the standout Oklahoma performers in the win, take a look at the latest College Football Playoff rankings, examine a wild recruiting weekend in Norman, pick the Week 12 slate and look into Oklahoma basketball’s 2-0 start. https://soundcloud.com/schoonerpod/kansas-and-week-12-picks … Continue reading "The Schooner Pod: Week 12"
- Lawrence: The Lost Trip - *hit play for added effect* As some of you know, last season I went to all the home and road games last season. You can read about my travels here. What you’ll notice however is the omission of a report from the OU at Kansas game last season; the final stop on the regular season … Continue reading "Lawrence: The Lost Trip"
- Around the Big 12: Week 13 - Last Week: 3-2 Overall: 43-17 Ah shit. Thanksgiving week got the better of me. With that being said, the show must go on with picks, so here is what I thought about the last week of the regular Big 12 season. Baylot @ #12 TCU (TCU won, 45-22. The spread was TCU -25.5.) I … Continue reading "Around the Big 12: Week 13"
- Around the Big 12: Week 12 - Last Week: 5-0 Overall: 40-15 Hey! An undefeated week! Not too bad, especially with how tight the matchups were. Championship November takes a break this week as the contenders are playing the mediocre and downright bad teams of the league. But don’t dismiss that 5-5 teams just yet; the fight for a bowl berth is … Continue reading "Around the Big 12: Week 12"
- Game Week: Kansas - So what are everyone’s plans for the weekend after last week’s madness? Me? I’m going to nap all day, watch some college football, etc. Maybe grill out, relax and go to my date party. Oh wait, I can’t do that. I gotta drive five hours to watch Kansas football. Going to every Oklahoma football game … Continue reading "Game Week: Kansas"